Twin Cities Sports
Sports fans and spectators alike certainly have their pick of professional teams in the Twin Cities. Just about every major sport is represented here. Saint Paul was recently named as Sports Illustrated's "Sportstown" chosen in part for the premier Xcel Energy Center, which is the area's multi-purpose entertainment and sports venue, and also for the passion for sports that exists in local residents.
The folks in Minneapolis-Saint Paul are outdoor enthusiasts and sports fans regardless of what the weather may bring. You'll find locals holding picnics, tailgating parties, and having fun at the games of their favorite teams.
Enjoy the activities and games of any our local teams:
- Minnesota Timberwolves - NBA basketball team
- Minnesota Lynx - WNBA women's basketball team
- Minnesota Wild - NHL's hottest ice hockey team
- Minnesota Twins - American League baseball team
- St Paul Saints - Independent minor league baseball team
- Minnesota Vikings - NFL football team
- Minnesota Swarm - National Lacrosse League team
- Minnesota Thunder - Professional soccer team
And if that's not enough to keep you busy, the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers have some champion college teams as well. Of course, they have the popular teams such as football, basketball, and hockey, but you can also enjoy events for the teams in wrestling, gymnastics, swimming, volleyball, and more.